An Idea that Turned Into a Revolution.
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 by Niclaus Mewes (CEO) and Sven Külper (CMO). With mytaxi, they brought the international taxi market into the 21st century and redefined it around the world.
The concept is based on the idea of establishing a direct connection between drivers and passengers to offer both sides a modern alternative to conventional booking processes.
To date, the specially developed app for this (for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry) has been downloaded more than ten million times and is now available in over 40 cities with a network of more than 45,000 affiliated taxis.
- June 2009: founding of mytaxi
- By May 2011: establishment of mytaxi fleets in six major German cities
- August 2011: mytaxi Vienna opens up first international market
- 2011/12: launch in Barcelona, Zurich, and Warsaw
- July 2012: launch of mobile payment
- October 2012: launch in Washington D.C. and Madrid
- March 2013: expansion of mobile payment
- August 2013: launch of mytaxi Delivery
- February 2014: new pricing model
Facts & Figures
With today’s market share of 40%, almost every second taxi in Germany is now making journeys booked through mytaxi. mytaxi was not only the world’s first taxi app but, with 45,000 affiliated taxis and over 10 million downloads to date, is now also the global market leader among taxi apps. It is now available in more than 40 German cities, as well as internationally, in the following cities: Vienna, Graz, Salzburg, Zurich, Barcelona, Madrid, Warsaw, and Washington D.C.
- Company: (mytaxi) Intelligent Apps GmbH
- Founded: June 2009
- Headquarters: Hamburg
- Management: Niclaus Mewes (CEO & founder), Sven Külper (CMO & founder)
- Employees: more than 150 at present
- Branch offices: Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Cologne, Vienna, Zurich, Barcelona, Madrid, Warsaw, and Washington D.C.
- Investors: T-Venture Holding GmbH (Deutsche Telekom AG), moovel GmbH (Daimler AG), KfW, e42 GmbH, Lars Hinrichs (Cinco Capital GmbH)
mytaxi - the Taxi App
The first taxi app that lets you book, pay for, and rate a taxi.
With mytaxi Delivery, mytaxi provides merchants with a software package that enables the delivery of goods within one hour, or at a requested date and time.
We have been equipping taxis with tablet PCs since the end of 2013. These allow passengers to view the latest news and weather forecasts during their journey and simultaneously offer advertisers an ideal infotainment platform for product placement.
- 1st place at Global Vision Awards 2011: best app
- Winner of the Code_n award in 2012
- 1st place at the Mobile Tech Awards 2012: best iOS app
- 1st place at Innovation Prize IT 2012
- Winner at LEADAWARDS 2012: Web service of the year
- 1st place AppCircus Online Competition
- App of the year, awarded by App Store to the best apps of 2012
- Innovation of the year 2013, awarded by FOCUS Digital Star at DLD
- Best German startup 2013, awarded at The Europas awards